This has to be one of my favourite lunch options of all time. It is great when you are trying to cut back the carbs a bit and don’t want to compromise on flavour, because trust me when I say they are delicious! They are also really easy and quick to make which makes Sunday meal prepping a walk in the park. Feel free to go extra on the guac as I do, because well… guac is life.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. cottage cheese
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Few slices of red pepper
- Few slices of green pepper
- Few slices of onion
What to do with it all:
- Prepare the chicken – first off you want to season your chicken however you wish to (I used salt, pepper, lime, paprika and garlic powder), cut it up in strips and leave that marinating for a little while – I only left it for 20 minutes because I was in a bit of a rush and also really hungry!
- Prep the veg – carefully separate your romaine lettuce leaves and cut the red pepper, green pepper and onion into a few thin slices.
- Cook the chicken with the veg – grab a pan, put the cooking oil of your choosing (I used coconut oil) and throw in the chicken strips, let it cook for a while and throw in the red pepper, green pepper and onion slices.
- Bring it all together – lay out your lettuce leaves and distribute your cottage cheese in each leaf. Then place the cooked chicken with veg, add the guacamole and salsa and you are good to go!
In this instance I used store bought guacamole and salsa, however if you do have the time I recommend making them yourself – I will post a guacamole recipe soon, so do keep a look out!
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Happy eating x